Driver – Class 1
JOB POSTING: Driver – Class 1
Driver – Class 1
Position Overview (Full-time or Part-time)
Twin Valley Contracting is currently building a pool of applicants for the construction season. The ideal candidate is hardworking, reliable, approachable, and accountable. We are proud of our reputation that we meet our Client’s needs, and this requires flexibility on behalf of our staff to ensure that we do a quality job, and we meet our deadlines.
- For casual to full-time, we are looking for Drivers who enjoy an ever-changing role, frequently including operating heavy equipment, and exciting challenges. Drivers are available for any day of the week, and any shift required. To meet our client’s needs, we provide the labour required to do the job on time; this means we need our employees to be available as required by the Client.
- For part-time, we are building a pool of employees who are available on-call, part-time, or only on weekends. If you only wish to work part-time, or you are looking for weekend work to supplement your income, our Drivers enjoy interesting, diverse, and challenging work.
- Experience driving a tandem axle gravel truck with pup
- Assisting heavy equipment operators and other workers
- Loading and unloading heavy equipment or construction material to work site
- Reliability is paramount
- Valid Class 1 with Air Endorsement
- Must be able to lift materials up to 50 lbs
- Reliable transportation for travel to multiple work locations (frequently outside of bus service)
- Heavy Equipment Operator experience is an asset
- Construction industry exposure / experience is an asset
- Ownership of Personal Protective Equipment is an asset
Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven record of safety compliance
- Basic knowledge of safety rules and regulations
- Able to identify hazards and respond appropriately
- Willingness to learn, take initiative, and work as a part of the team
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Effective communication skills – written and verbal
These preferred tickets may be considered an advantage:
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- First Aid
- Ground Disturbance
Twin Valley Contracting values our reputation as an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. The successful candidate’s suitability will include a proven record of contributing to a positive work environment.
How to Apply: send all resumes in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Labor” in the Subject line. Please include at least 3 supervisory references